Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Choice

Where choice begins, Paradise ends, innocence ends, for what is Paradise but the absence of any need to choose this action? ~ Arthur Miller
Freedom would be not to choose between black and white but to abjure such prescribed choices. ~ Theodor Adorno
From each as they choose, to each as they are chosen. ~ Robert Nozick
I'll walk where my own nature would be leading: It vexes me to choose another guide. ~ Emily Bronte
We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them. ~ Khalil Gibran
Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. ~ Viktor E. Frankl
Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way. ~ Viktor E. Frankl
Guess, if you can, and choose, if you dare. ~ Pierre Corneille
Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself. ~ Walter Anderson
I've never thought of my characters as being sad. On the contrary, they are full of life. They didn't choose tragedy. Tragedy chose them. ~ Juliette Binoche
No matter how sad we might be, the universe is still planning our happiness. We can choose happiness in any moment we wish. ~ Marianne Williamson
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go. ~ Dr. Seuss
We are not permitted to choose the frame of our destiny. But what we put into it is ours. ~ Dag Hammarskjold
Every human has four endowments - self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change. ~ Stephen Covey
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman. ~ Anais Nin

No comments: