Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Full Blue Moon

Thank you once again to Rogers and Hart for "Blue Moon". It's a beautiful full blue moon tonight.


Ella Fitzgerald



Rod Stewart and Eric Clapton



Julie London



Chris Isaak



Elvis Presley



Nat King Cole



The Marcels


"Blue Moon" (1934, words by Lorenz Hart, music by Richard Rodgers)

Blue moon
you saw me standing alone
without a dream in my heart
without a love on my own.

Blue moon
you knew just what I was there for
you heard me saying a prayer for
somebody I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me,
the only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper, "Please adore me"
and when I looked
the moon had turned to gold

Blue moon
now I'm no longer alone
without a dream in my heart
without a love on my own.

No comments: