An impromptu performance in the living room started out as an attempt to explain something that had amused me that day. Hubby thought it was very fun and said he much preferred this to the "whiny" set (you know, Tori Amos, Kate Bush, etc.).
What exactly is a flamboyant set? Take a look-see.
- Money, Money - Cabaret
- Time Warp (the Little Nell part) and Sweet Transvestite - Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Buenos Aires - Evita
- Rainbow High - Evita
- Dance: Ten; Looks: Three - A Chorus Line
- The Meaning of Life - Monty Python
- Turn Back, O Man - Godspell
- All for the Best - Godspell
So, imagine how challenging it might be to perform these - and to convey the full effect of each - without costumes. In some cases, he had never seen that expression on my face before, much less seen me slap my hip.
The humor of it all is layers deep and years long.